Celebrate “Tornado 10” at the NVR, as we celebrate the locomotives 10th Birthday 2008-2018. The iconic record breaking locomotive being the first locomotive to reach 100mph in 50 years in 2017, and is to feature on the big screen in Paddington 2.
Fish, Chips and Steam! Enjoy a nostalgic evening of steam on board our train hauled by a Tornado with a good old-fashioned fish and chip supper, complemented by evening views of the picturesque Nene Valley.
The locomotive hauling the service will be 60163 Tornado
Friday 4th May Booking from 1st November
We are pleased to be able to offer guests staying at the Ferry Meadows Camp site a special stop to board the Jolly Fisherman Fish and Chips service on Friday 4th May. Our service will stop at 19:15 and drop you back at Overton (for Ferry Meadows) station at 21:15. (when booking please state Overton collection
• Enjoy a drink from our on board bar while you have a good look at locomotive
• Traditional Fish & Chip supper as our train makes its way through the Nene Valley.
• Guests will be seated at tables of four*
• The train will depart from Wansford Station at 19:00 returning at 21:30 approximately.
• Booking required to avoid disappointment. Only £25.00 per person
*(parties fewer than four may be seated with other guests). Please note children must be over 12 years of age.
Old Station Building
To raise the funds to renovate the Grade 2 Listed station building, including fees, making secure and safe and returning to it's original condition.
The NVR is always striving to improve its facilities and collections.